Oracle Database Appliance Health Check
Your Oracle Database Appliance (ODA) is at the heart of your database architecture, as a simplistic and reliable platform; but are you utilizing it at its full potential? When you leverage Viscosity, an Oracle Platinum Partner and certified ODA expert, you are gaining leaders in end to end design, implementation, and support for ODA.
Viscosity’s health check assesses the entire stack from ODA hardware, OS, RAC environment, and the database. Our goal is to assess the ODA environment for redundancy and availability.
Viscosity North America’s ODA Healthcheck Includes:
Review of ODA utilization and capacity
• Review of general health of the ODA compute nodes and storage
Assessment of OVM environment
Review of Operating System environment
• Software verisions, patch levels, and OS packages installed
• Kernel parameters and shared memory configuration
• ASM configuration
• Hugepages settings
• Access points and security configurations
Review of RAC configuration
• Patches for Grid Infrastructure and for RDBMS home
• ASM Disk Group attributes and ASM initialization parameters
Review of Database Environment
• Check undocumented parameter settings and initialization parameters
• Check database release, PSU/RU/BP, one-off patches
• Review of database configuration and resource allocation
• Review TNS configuration
• Review database statistics, backup procedures, IOPs, and throughput
• Review security of the database environment
Upon completion of the healthcheck, Viscosity will provide detailed documentation with findings, methodology, and recommendations to help you implement best practices and procedures.
For more information, email us at email@example.com.
Other Viscosity Services Include:
Why Choose Us
Viscosity is a recognized premier consulting firm of database technologies, cloud, and application development. Viscosity was founded by industry and authored experts. Many of our experts are prominent thought leaders with backgrounds in Oracle, VMWare, VCE, EMC, and Informatica. These capacities include Oracle Database, RAC Development, Oracle Consulting and Oracle Technical Architecture, Design and Performance Tuning. Contact us to learn more about how you can maintain and maximize your investments.
Viscosity was formed by former Oracle employees each of which worked in various capacities within Oracle Corporation. These capacities include Oracle Database, RAC Development, Oracle Consulting and Oracle Technical Architects, Design and Performance Tuning experts. Viscosity’s Oracle Center of Expertise has developed best practices and tight partner relationships to implement world-class solutions. Our vast experience and intellectual property give customers insight into what is driving IT complexity. We can deliver a set of practical executable plans for simplifying IT infrastructure, helping reduce operating costs while freeing up resources for new business initiatives.