- This event has passed.
ScOUG – What’s New in 12.2
August 22, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
SunCoast Oracle User Group (ScOUG) – What’s New in Oracle Database 12c Release 2 (12.2)
Tuesday, August 22, 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM CDT
What’s New in 12.2
Our ACE Directors will focus on these 3 main topics:
One of the main topics of discussion for this event will be to discuss: Why you need to be on Oracle 12c Release 2 (12.2) to easily/securely migrate to Oracle Cloud
In 2017, Oracle adopted their Cloud First Policy. All new innovations in their flagship database technology stack will be deployed first in Oracle Public Cloud (Oracle Cloud) and eventually released for general availability to the general public. With the release of Oracle Database 12c Release 2, Oracle practiced what their policy stated it would do. They deployed Oracle Database 12c Release 2 to Oracle Cloud in September 2016 and eventually released it to the public in March 2017.
Oracle Database 12c is the fastest state-of-the-art revolutionary database in the world. Oracle customers should prepare themselves to migrate to Oracle Cloud. Companies can significantly see immediate ROI by upgrading to Oracle 12c:
* With Oracle multi-tenant option, you can
– Leverage all the latest features such as cloning and replication features for PDBs that enable the journey to a private, hybrid, or public cloud environment.
– Tightly control SGA, PGA, and I/O resources for individual PDBs, including how to construct standard PDB resource profiles that can be leveraged by multiple PDBs with similar resource demands.
– Utilize Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) features like Automatic Data Optimization (ADO) and Heat Maps work within individual PDBs for effective management of storage resources based on actual data usage patterns
* Achieve another level of data scalability and horizontal partition with Sharding
* Eliminate downtime with enhanced online features for table and partitioning and index maintenance
* Secure your entire database with online encryption capabilities
Not only will you reduce your Operating Expenses (OpEx) and achieve new levels of availability, you can now easily move your databases to Oracle Cloud.
Presented by ACE Directors: Rich Niemiec and Charles Kim
Read more and RSVP at the Suncoast User Group page here.